Can you provide high-speed Internet for fixed networks?
High-speed Internet for everyone is one of the most challenging issues of all Fixed net and Mobile operators worldwide.
Customers expect fast, reliable and highly available connectivity in every situation and not being able to provide this, may cause to lose the customer.
Network Performance Testing
Network-Performance Testing is a Module in XMASS Test library and is responsible for measuring Network Performance especially in Fix-Networks like LAN or DSL.
The Module consists of two sub-modules for Client and Server (Sender and Receiver) activities.
The tests can be run using TCP and UDP protocols, where TCP is used mainly for Throughput measurement and UDP is mainly used for Pocket-Loss, -delay and Jitter. The Server Testcase can handle multiple client requests simultaneously, enabling the system to test in a “Star-Topology” (one Server, many Clients) as well as in peer-to-peer mode. Beside this, every channel can act as a Network Performance Server node and Client node at the same time, which makes Bi-Directional testing possible and provides the advantage of tests between all nodes (many-to-many).
With all these features, there is literally no limitation in test definition and topology.
Speed Test Application (Optional)
Speed test Application is an application to be installed on a server of choice. This Server must be accessible for all users of Speed Test over Internet.
The Application automatically determines the needed file size for download and upload before running the tests.
The Application measures Download and Upload Throughput as well as Pocket delays between end users PC and the Server, where the application is running on. Having this Server within the countrywide network allows measurements before international gateway. In Parallel the same application can be installed on a Server outside of the country network (e.g. on an Amazon Cloud instance in Ireland) to provide the same kind of tests for the international connections.
There are 3 suggestions for the installation of this application:
- Installation on XMASS Application Server
- Installation on a dedicated Server only for this Application
- Installation on a Web-Server provided by Customer
The user Interface can be modified and customized to look nicer and more customer friendly.
The results of the Speed Test Application are stored into an open MySQL Database, which might be on the same Server as the Application or somewhere else.
The Performance data is captured in correlation with the customers IP address, which can be used.
Every channel consists of two cards, a CPU card, and an Interface Card.
For LAN Testing, it is possible to equip every channel with a LAN-Expansion Card, which provides
4 additional LAN Interfaces to every channel (6 LAN Interfaces in total). This way a PUX with
8 channels is able to provide 48 LAN Interfaces simultaneously.
MicroPUX supports 3 testing LAN Interfaces
The latest development of PIXIP.NET is one of the smallest test probes available on the market. MicroPUX is designed and dedicated to Broadband Data Testing in both fixed line and a Mobile environment.
Beside the LAN Interfaces for LAN/DSL Connectivity, the MicroPUX also provides an option for a built-in Mobile Interface covering 2G, 3G, and LTE. The Mobile Interface can be used either to communicate with the central environment and transmit the test results over the cellular network or to run Tests against Mobile Network.
MicroPUX is especially fitting to “Customer Experience Management” requirements in the area of DSL and LAN Testing. Due to its small size of 14 x 8 cm, it is the perfect test probe to be placed at customer sites or literally at any other network node to test the network performance.
- 180° Testing coverage – Service Testing, Roaming, VAS Testing, Benchmarking, Radio, POLQA/ PESQ/MOS, Portal Testing, Content Validation, Device Compatibility, VIP Customer Care
- Network independent (2G / 3G / 3G+ / LTE / LTE+ / DSL / LAN / WiMAX / PSTN / ISDN)
- Most comprehensive test case library (Call, SMS, MMS, Email, FTP, HTTP, WAP, Portal Testing, DNS, Ping, Video/Audio Streaming, TCP/UDP, VAS)
- Complex Cross Service Testing capabilities (i.e. WAP Browsing + RTSP, HTTP + SMS, Call + USSD, etc.)
- Best Practice for Product based Testing – pre launch phase or live (i.e. Video- or Music Portals)
- Link Less Testing – Test probe communication over the air (2G/3G/4G automatic mode)
- Stationary, Mobile and Drive testing capabilities
- Network Radio Parameter Monitoring during standard tests carry out
- Ad Hoc and field testing capabilities for fast problem verification
- Handset profiling and inter compatibility tests capabilities
- Handset Profile Recorder for additional handset Profiles generation within few seconds
- Blackberry Testing
- SIM Array Sharing (One SIM Array for multiple Installations or many SIM Arrays connected to the same Installation)
- Easy probe distribution using Plug and play mechanism
- Remote test software update, even over the air
- Easy probe units management and configuration over the air (SMS) and over LAN
- Probe unit monitoring / alarming
- Probe Unit Remote Access and Remote Login, even over the air
- Multi user web based application with comprehensive access rights management Personalized web based access on management console
- Plug-in based system (new modules can be added quick and easy)
- Standalone rapid test scenario designer (XMASS RDS)
- Layer 3 tracing capabilities (optional)
- Build-in IP Tracer for depth analysis
- Automatic HTTP and WAP test scenario creation using HTTP/WAP Recorder
- Test Scenario exchange between different user und different platforms using standard XML format
- Test results local storage capabilities on probes (backup)
- Network, Provider, Technology and Band forcing
- Enterprise QoS platform – one system to test all services from voice to products like music portal
- Module based platform enabling step by step growth
- Low-cost test probes – mass testing possible
- One single system for different user groups like radio and network testers, service testers, portal testers and product testers
- Future safe system – module based extension for new services or new network technologies Full featured web-based Reporting, Monitoring and Alarming System included
- Low installation costs – plug and play distribution of test devices
- Low support costs – unattended testing capabilities, remote access
- Stationary-, mobile-, drive-, field and on device testing with one single system Customized test scenario creation capabilities – no additional costs for new test scenarios Automatic test scenario creation using XMASS
- RSD and HTTP/WAP Recorder within few minutes
- Create Once, use everywhere – export – Import capabilities between multiple system installations
- Enterprise Integration with SAP and Business Objects platforms